There are four transfer programs and nine career programs in the STEM Division. Transfer programs are Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, and Mathematics. These programs are designed to allow students to take the foundation courses in each of the respective areas within a nurturing environment. Reasonable class sizes afford students the opportunity to academically grow through direct interaction with a knowledgeable and caring faculty. Many of the courses that the students take will transfer into bachelor degree programs at four year colleges or universities.
Career programs are Applied Industrial Technology, Computer Aided Machining Technology, Electronics Technology, Engineering Technology w/CADD, Manufacturing w/Advanced Technology, Measurement Science/Metrology, Nanofabrication Technology, Robotics Technology, and Technical Trades: HVAC Option. Students who complete one of these programs have acquired skills that allow them, upon graduation, to be readily employable in their field of study. In addition, courses in many of the programs will readily transfer to four year colleges and universities for students who choose to pursue a bachelor degree in an applicable engineering technology program.
There are six certificate programs in the division designed to provide a foundation in specific occupational areas. The coursework of most of the certificate programs is also in one or more associate degree programs. Once a student earns a certificate, they have the option to either seek employment or continue pursuing an associate degree.
The division’s faculty is highly regarded both within and outside the academic community. The faculty pursues scholarly activities such as writing books, developing and teaching online courses, utilizing technology such as lecture capture software in their instructional delivery, and participating in grant activities approved and funded by organizations such as the National Science Foundation (NSF). In addition, many of the division’s faculty have served as consultants for business and industry as well as government and community organizations.
- Applied Industrial Technology, A.A.S.
- Apprenticeship Technology, Workplace Certificate
- Basic Manufacturing, Workplace Certificate
- Biological Science, A.S.
- Chemistry, A.S.
- CNC Programming Technology, Workplace Certificate
- Computer Aided Machining Technology, A.A.S.
- Electronics Technology, A.A.S.
- Energy Technology, Workplace Certificate
- Engineering Technology with CADD, A.A.S.
- Engineering, A.S.
- Machine Tool Technology, Certificate
- Manufacturing with Advanced Technology, A.A.S.
- Mathematics, A.S.
- Measurement Science/Metrology Technology, A.A.S.
- Nanofabrication Technology Specialization
- Nanofabrication Technology, A.A.S.
- Robotics Technology, A.A.S.
- Technical Trades - Applied Technology, Certificate
- Technical Trades - HVAC Option, A.A.S.