There are four transfer programs and eleven occupational programs in the Science and Technology Division. The transfer programs consist of Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, and Mathematics. These programs are designed to allow students to take the foundation courses in each of the respective areas within a nurturing environment. Reasonable class sizes afford students the opportunity to academically grow through direct interaction with a knowledgeable and caring faculty. Many of the courses that the students take will transfer into bachelor degree programs at four year colleges or universities.
The eleven occupational programs include options in the technology areas of Architecture, Civil, Computer Aided Machining, Drafting, Electronics, Manufacturing, Robotics, HVAC, and Metrology. Students who complete one of the Division’s occupational programs have acquired skills that allow them, upon graduation, to be readily employable in their field of study. In addition, courses in many of the programs will readily transfer to four year colleges and universities for students who choose to pursue a bachelor degree in an applicable engineering technology program.
The Division’s faculty is highly regarded both within and outside the academic community. The faculty pursues scholarly activities such as writing books, developing and teaching online courses, utilizing technology such as Smart Board and lecture capture software in their instructional delivery, and participating in grant activities approved and funded by organizations such as the National Science Foundation (NSF). In addition, many of the Division’s faculty have served as consultants for business and industry as well as government and community organizations.
- Architectural Design and Drafting with CADD, A.A.S.
- Biological Science, A.S.
- Chemistry, A.S.
- Civil Technology, A.A.S.
- CNC Programming Technology, Certificate
- Computer Aided Drafting Technologies, A.A.S.
- Computer Aided Machining Technology, A.A.S.
- Electronics Technology, A.A.S.
- Engineering, A.S.
- Machine Drafting and Design with CADD, A.A.S.
- Machine Tool Technology, Certificate
- Manufacturing with Advanced Technology, A.A.S.
- Mathematics, A.S.
- Metrology with Precision Measurement Technology, A.A.S.
- Nanofabrication Technology Specialization
- Nanofabrication Technology, A.A.S.
- Robotics Technology, A.A.S.
- Technical Trades - Applied Technology, Certificate
- Technical Trades - HVAC Option, A.A.S.