Biological Science (206)
Associate in Science Degree
This Associate in Science program provides the foundation for a concentration in the biological, medical, and agricultural sciences. This program is primarily intended for the student transferring to a four-year institution to complete work for a Bachelor’s degree in Wildlife and Fisheries Biology, Forestry, Biotechnology, Pharmacy, Medical Laboratory Technology, Microbiology, Medical-related careers (Chiropractic, Dentistry, Mortuary Science, and Pre-med), Nursing, Paramedical, Animal Science and Agriculture, Horticulture and Botany, Entomology, Physical Therapy, and other related fields. See Specialization in Nanofabrication Technology for a fifth semester. This is a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) program.
The student/graduate will be able to:
- Define and explain the essential principles and concepts of the life sciences.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the techniques and instrumentation appropriate to the discipline.
- Define a problem, propose reasonable solutions through library and web-based research, investigate the problem using experimental procedures, collect and analyze the data, and present the findings.
- Demonstrate proficiency in written and oral communication in general and as applied specifically to the discipline of biology.
- Students will be accepted into a four-year institution in a biological sciences program.