BC3 Academic Catalog: 2017-2018 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Engineering Technology with CADD, A.A.S.
Engineering Technology with CADD (306)
Associate in Applied Science Degree
This program provides fundamentals to enable students to practice as engineering design and CADD drafting specialists. Emphasis is on computer-aided drafting, design of machine elements, and engineering fundamentals, as well as mathematics, science, problem solving and communication. Typical employment opportunities include design drafter, design engineer’s assistant, consultant, mechanical design detailer, fixture design technician, 3D modeling drafter and technical illustrator. Some colleges and universities may accept associate degree graduates in engineering technology programs. Students who plan to continue their education at a four-year college after completing the A.A.S. degree requirements in Engineering Technology with CADD should inform their academic advisors at the beginning of studies. This is a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) program.
The student/graduate will be able to:
- Develop technical drawings that apply industrial standard practices.
- Demonstrate teamwork skills.
- Apply design intent and parametric techniques to 3D modeling.
- Apply critical thinking, mathematical, scientific, analytical and computer skills to solve industry based technology problems.
- Use research and layout techniques, parts catalogs and manuals to calculate jigs, initial tool and die design concepts, and loads and fits required for mating.