Student Email (@my.bc3.edu) & Blackboard
A student email account will be provided to all BC3 credit students within 24 hours of admission to the College. The official student email address for BC3 includes the @my.bc3.edu domain extension. NOTE: For your safety and security, all BC3-related email and correspondence will be sent to your @my.bc3.edu email account.
Blackboard is the course management system used for all credit online and hybrid courses, and used by many instructors to augment on-campus courses. To access Student Email and Blackboard, login to the MyBC3 Portal at http://www.bc3.edu/mybc3
Location: John A. Beck, Jr. Library
Toll-Free Phone: 1-888-826-2829 ext. 8523
Fast Form: http://www.bc3.edu/onlinelearning/help-support.asp
Fall/Spring Semester - Monday through Thursday - 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Summer Semester - Monday through Thursday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
After hours and weekends - Fast Form or Voicemail Only
The Help Desk does not operate on the days the College is closed.
*The quickest way to receive help is through the Fast Form. Requests for assistance received via Fast Form or voicemail after hours, on weekends or holiday/academic breaks will be responded to the next BC3 business day if not sooner when possible.
Online courses are fully-accredited, transferable and may qualify for financial aid. Your transcript will not differentiate an online course from a traditional one. For general information regarding online learning at BC3, call the toll- free number at 1-888-826-2829, ext. 8523.
Online Course Admissions
Students must apply to the college if planning to take credit classes or programs at BC3, including those offered online, even if they are not planning to earn a degree or certificate. Students can apply online at http://www.bc3.edu/admissions. It is recommended that new students contact the Admissions Office by calling the toll-free number at 1-888-826-2829 ext. 8346 and speak with a counselor before registering for classes.
Online Course Registration
Students may register for online classes just like traditional classes. For information regarding registration or transcripts, contact the Registrar’s Office at 724-287-8711, ext. 8253.
Online Course Cost
Students pay regular tuition and fees, plus an additional $15 per credit.
Online Course Requirements
- A computer with an Internet connection (DSL or Cable recommended) and word processing software.
- Basic computer skills such as e-mail, attaching files, copy/paste, etc.
- Your @my. bc3.edu email account MUST be used for all college correspondence.
- Textbook (purchased from Bookstore).
- Any additional materials that may be required for a specific course.
- Visit our website at www.bc3.edu/onlinearning for additional course information.
Some online courses may require on-campus participation (labs, midterm/final exams, etc.). These courses will be designated as “HYBRID” on the course schedule.
Online Course Orientation
Completion of the Educational Technology Orientation (GENL_001) is REQUIRED for:
- All students taking their first online course at BC3.
- Students who have not taken an online course at BC3 within the past 2 years.
- *NOTE: Online classes will not be visible in Blackboard until the first day the class is scheduled and the GENL 001 E.T. Orientation completion requirements are met.
Before Online Courses Begin
- Activate your @my.bc3.edu email.
- Purchase textbooks and additional material (if required) from the Bookstore.
Visit these links on our website www.bc3.edu/onlinelearning:
- Personality Test
- System Check
- Orientation Information
- Help & Support
Many online courses do not require an onsite session. Others may require labs, a midterm and/or final exam. Please refer to the current credit schedule on bc3.edu.