The Division of Educational Technology oversees all online credit course offerings, supports the instructional technology needs of face-to-face courses, and provides help desk support for students in the use of the College’s course management system (Blackboard) and the student email system (MyBC3 Mail).
MyBC3 Mail and Blackboard
MyBC3 Mail is your official student email address for BC3. A MyBC3 student e-mail account will be provided upon enrollment. This email is hosted by Microsoft and has 5 GB of storage, spam filtering, and virus protection. Visit the MyBC3 link on www.bc3.edu for login directions and watch a video demonstration on how to use your MyBC3 Mail account.
NOTE: For your safety and security, all BC3-related email and correspondence with your instructors will be sent to your MYBC3 email account.
Blackboard is the course management system used for all credit online and hybrid courses, and used by many instructors as a supplement to face-to-face courses. For login directions, visit the MyBC3 link on www.bc3.edu.
Help Desk for MyBC3 Mail & Blackboard
Fast Form: http://www.bc3.edu/mybc3/online_help.asp
Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Evenings and Weekends: Fast Form or Voicemail Only (24-hour response)
Online courses are fully-accredited, transferable and qualify for financial aid. Your transcript will not differentiate an online course from a traditional one. For additional information call 724-284-8523 or 1-888-826-2829, ext. 8523.
Online Course Requirements
- A computer with an Internet connection (Broadband or Cable recommended) and word processing software. See course outline for specific software requirements.
- Basic computer skills such as e-mail, attaching files, copy/paste, etc. Visit our website at www.bc3.edu/onlinelearning for additional technical and skill requirements.)
- Your MyBC3 mail account MUST be used for all college correspondence.
- Textbook (purchased from Bookstore). See course outline for textbook requirements.
- Any additional materials that may be required for a specific course. See course outline for additional course material requirements.
Students pay regular tuition and fees plus an additional $15.00 per credit hour.
Campus Meeting Requirements
Some online courses may require on-campus labs, a midterm and/or final exam. See course outline for on-campus requirements.
There are also special hybrid courses available that are completed in approximately seven weeks with class time divided between online coursework and on-campus sessions.
Students register for online classes just like traditional classes. Contact the Registrar’s Office at 1-888-826-2829 Ext. 8331, or register online using the Student Portal at www.bc3.edu/MyBC3.
New students should first contact the Admissions Office at 1-888-826-2829 Ext. 8346.
Before Classes Begin
Completion of the Educational Technology Orientation (GENL_001) is REQUIRED for:
- All NEW BC3 online students.
- Students with 2 or less online courses previously completed at BC3 who have not taken GEN_001.
- Activate your MyBC3 email.
- Purchase textbooks and study guides (if required) from the Bookstore.
Visit these links on our website www.bc3.edu/onlinelearning:
- Personality Test
- System Check
- Course Outlines
- Orientation Information
Complete Course Listings
All classes are fully-accredited and transferable.
Many online courses do not require an onsite session. Others may require labs, a midterm and/or final exam. There are also special hybrid courses completed in approximately seven weeks with class time divided between online coursework and onsite sessions.
Please refer to the course outlines posted on www.bc3.edu/onlinelearning.
Course - Title