Student Email (@my.bc3.edu) & Blackboard
A student email account will be provided to all BC3 credit students within 24 hours of admission to the College. The official student email address for BC3 includes the @my.bc3.edu domain extension. This email is hosted by Microsoft Live@edu. Visit the MyBC3 link on www.bc3.edu for login directions. NOTE: For your safety and security, all BC3-related email and correspondence will be sent to your @my.bc3.edu email account.
Blackboard is the course management system used for all credit online and hybrid courses, and used by many instructors to augment on-campus courses. For login directions, visit the MyBC3 link on www.bc3.edu.
Location: John A. Beck, Jr. Library
Toll-Free Phone: 1-888-826-2829 ext. 8523
Fast Form: http://www.bc3.edu/mybc3/online_help.asp
Fall/Spring Semester - Monday through Thursday - 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Summer Semester - Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
After hours and weekends - Fast Form or Voicemail Only
*The quickest way to receive help is through the Fast Form. Requests for assistance received via Fast Form or voicemail after hours, on weekends or holiday/academic breaks will be responded to the next BC3 business day if not sooner when possible.
Online courses are fully-accredited, transferable and may qualify for financial aid. Your transcript will not differentiate an online course from a traditional one. For general information regarding online learning at BC3, call the toll- free number at 1-888-826-2829, ext. 8523.
Students must apply to the college if planning to take credit classes or programs at BC3, including those offered online, even if they are not planning to earn a degree or certificate. Students can apply online at http://www.bc3.edu/admissions. It is recommended that new students contact the Admissions Office by calling the toll-free number at 1-888-826-2829 ext. 8346 and speak with a counselor before registering for classes.
Students may register for online classes just like traditional classes. Students may register online using the Student Portal at www.bc3.edu/MYBC3. For information regarding registration or transcripts, contact the Registrar’s Office at (toll free) 1-888-826-2829 ext. 8510.
Students pay regular tuition and fees plus an additional $15.00 per credit hour.
Online Course Requirements
- A computer with an Internet connection (DSL or Cable recommended) and word processing software. See course outline for specific software requirements.
- Basic computer skills such as e-mail, attaching files, copy/paste, etc. Visit our website at www.bc3.edu/onlinelearning for additional technical and skill requirements.
- Your @my. bc3.edu email account MUST be used for all college correspondence.
- Textbook (purchased from Bookstore). See course outline for textbook requirements.
- Any additional materials that may be required for a specific course. See course outline for additional course material requirements.
- Visit our website at www.bc3.edu/onlinearning for online course outlines.
Campus Meeting Requirements
Some online courses may require on-campus participation (labs, midterm/final exams, etc.). These courses will be designated as “hybrid” on the course schedules. See course outline for on-campus requirements.
Before Classes Begin
Completion of the Educational Technology Orientation (GENL_001) is REQUIRED for:
- All students taking their first online course at BC3.
- Students who have not taken an online course at BC3 within the past 2 years.
*NOTE: The GENL_001 E.T. Orientation must be completed before a student is granted access to any classes on Blackboard.
- Activate your @my.bc3.edu email.
- Purchase textbooks and additional material (if required) from the Bookstore.
Visit these links on our website www.bc3.edu/onlinelearning:
- Personality Test
- System Check
- Course Outlines
- Orientation Information
- Help & Support
Complete Course Listings
Many online courses do not require an onsite session. Others may require labs, a midterm and/or final exam. Please refer to the current credit schedule on bc3.edu.