Massage Therapy (050)
Certificate of Achievement
Admission to the Massage Therapy Program is selective. A special application packet, available from the Admissions Office, is required. Applications are accepted beginning June 15 of the year prior to actual admission. Applicants are urged to apply early. Preference will be given to those who apply before the March 15 deadline.
The Massage Therapy Program provides a comprehensive academically-based education that serves the community by preparing the graduate for immediate employment as a massagetherapist.
The massage therapist graduate is prepared to demonstrate competence by displaying a professional attitude, ethical conduct, and appropriate communication.
Criteria of Admission
This program is designed to prepare individuals for a health career as a massage therapist. Graduates will complete a course study that is 630 clock hours of curriculum content including, but not limited to anatomy and physiology, pathology, treatment techniques, protocols following the standards of massage practice, ethics, communication skills, and business practices.
Admission criteria are:
- Successful completion of 2.5 QPA high school or college GPA
- High School Biology or BIOL 115 with minimum grade of “C” within the last five years
- Preference will be given to applicants who have completed BIOL 115 or BIOL 131 with a “C”or better within the last 5 years
- Successful completion of CPR in the American Heart Association: Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers OR American Red Cross: Basic Life Support for the Professional Rescuer
- Students must be eligible for PA Criminal Background Clearances. All students will receive clearance forms upon admission into the program. Clearance must be obtained before the start of classes
- Applicants must have a grade of “C” or better in all Massage Therapy Program courses.
This academically-based program prepares the graduate for employment as a massage therapist. The Program focuses on massage theory, techniques, and practice.
The Massage Therapy course work must be taken in sequence indicated.